Research activities (2014-2018)
- Study of the feasibility for Augmented Reality applications based on Geolocation.
- Analysis and enhancement of attitude estimation on smartphones.
Analysis and enhancement of an indoor and outdoor navigation system with a focus on attitude estimation for pedestrian navigation with smartphones.
[GPS, SHS, WiFi-Trilateration, WiFi-Fingerprinting, UWB, SLAM, Map-Matching]
Creation of an Android Geo Augmented Reality browser for indoor and outdoor navigation (from data, to rendering). (poster [fr])
[OSM, SRTM1, Android, Rajawali, ArCore, Sceneform]
Ph.D.Inria Grenoble on November 10, 2017.
The subject was: "On Mobile Augmented Reality Applications based on Geolocation".
The PhD thesis has been directed by:
- Nabil Layaïda, Tyrex team, (thesis director, Inria)
- Pierre Genevès, Tyrex team, (co-supervisor, CNRS)
- Hassen Fourati, Necs team, (co-supervisor, Gipsa-Lab)
- Valérie Renaudin, Directeur de Recherche, IFSTTAR (Rapporteur)
- Takeshi Kurata, Professor, AIST, Japan (Rapporteur)
- Oliver Ruepp, Dr. rer. nat., Apple Inc., U.S. (Examinateur)
- Laurence Nigay, Professeur, LIG (Examinateur)
Engineer activities (2012-2014)
Management of subprojects and creation of libraries for Venturi european project (immersiVe ENhancemenT of User-woRld Interactions).
- Working with OpenStreetMap client side. Parsing OSM Documents, projections, routing, UI (MapBox, MapsForge, OpenLayers...) [OSM, Android, OWP]
- Working with OpenStreetMap server side. Mount OSM Server: Postgis, Nominatim, Tilemill... Create WebApi access [Node.js]
- Creation of an Augmented Reality and an Augmented Panorama Frameworks for Android. [Android, OpenGL ES, Sensors]
ISMAR 2018 - International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, Oct 2018, Munich, Germany. pp.1-6
Attitude Estimation for Indoor Navigation and Augmented Reality with Smartphones [HAL, PDF, Abstract]Thibaud Michel, Pierre Genevès, Hassen Fourati, Nabil Layaïda
Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Elsevier, 2018, 46, pp.96-121. ⟨10.1016/j.pmcj.2018.03.004⟩
Mobile Computing. Université Grenoble Alpes, 2017. English
IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, Mar 2017, Kona, United States
Benchmarks Attitude on Smartphones
We investigate the precision of attitude estimation algorithms in the particular context of pedestrian navigation with commodity smartphones.
This android application records and store values from internal sensors.
Timelapse - Sony Camera (on my free time)
Take pictures with interval time in Wifi Mode for your Sony camera.